WIRELESS IC BENCH EVALUATION ENGINEER
JOIN MORSE MICRO
Are you passionate about the science behind wireless systems? Would you like to help build the next generation Wi-Fi chips that will enable a new generation of Internet of Things (IoT) devices? Then join Australia’s hottest semiconductor startup. You’ll work with the team that invented Wi-Fi 20 years ago, and help them shape the future of Wi-Fi for IoT.
You will be responsible for bench evaluation and validation of the silicon chips designed at Morse Micro. You will be checking that our chips meet all functional and performance specification. This will involve working closely with the design engineers to understand and debug designs.
As the first dedicated bench eval engineer at Morse Micro this is a great opportunity for an ambitious and driven engineer to get in early and play a key role in the growth of the company.
Starting date for this role would be April - May in Picton, NSW.
WHO ARE WE
Morse Micro is a fabless semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to work hard, innovate + invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. Today we are a team of twenty-two based in Sydney + Picton (Australia) and Boston (USA). Over the next two years we will be growing significantly and opening more overseas offices. We can sponsor a work visa for the right candidate.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Wireless test engineer with 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Experience taking wireless chips to mass production
- MSc or PhD in Electrical / Electronics / Communication Engineering
- A good understanding of wireless systems (OFDM, channel equalization, digital filters, calibration of direct conversion radios, etc)
- Experience taking bench measurements such as noise figure, EVM, distortion etc.
- A good understanding of programming/scripting languages such as Python and ability to automate bench measurements
- Working knowledge, or ability to learn, revision control systems such as git
- Familiarity with a GNU/Linux environment
- Familiarity with the IEEE 802.11 standard
- Familiarity with FPGA and IC design flows from Xilinix, Cadence or Synopsys and digital design languages such as VHDL, Verilog and SystemVerilog
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and thorough methodical work style
- Working knowledge, or ability to learn, revision and control systems such as git
- A hands-on, practical attitude
- The capacity to think for oneself
- Validation of circuits against design specifications
- Creation of comprehensive test plans
- Compilation of test reports detailing measurement procedures and results
- Automation of bench test equipment
- Support of chip product engineers for characterisation, correlation + production test
- Support of design engineers for circuit de-bug and evaluation
- Support QA programs; ESD, Burn In, Latch up etc.
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Lots of snacks + drinks, incl barista coffee + some of the world’s best beers
- Work besides and learn from some of the world’s most experienced engineers
- Working from Picton, NSW
- Potential to sponsor a work visa for the right candidate
WHAT WE OFFER
If you are interested in building the first 802.11ah chipset together with the inventors of Wi-Fi, then send us your resume and application letter to email@example.com and tell us why you should become Morse Micro's Wireless IC Bench Evaluation Engineer.