SENIOR WIRELESS SYSTEMS DESIGNER
JOIN MORSE MICRO
Are you passionate about the science behind wireless systems? Would you like to help build the next generation Wi-Fi chips that will enable a new generation of Internet of Things (IoT) devices? Then join Australia’s hottest semiconductor startup. You’ll work with the team that invented Wi-Fi 20 years ago, and help them shape the future of Wi-Fi for IoT.
You will be responsible for the systems design that will define the performance of Morse Micro’s chips. As a senior member of the technical team you will interface with technical implementation teams as well as explaining Morse Micro’s capabilities to large customers. The role will be supported by expert consultants with decades of experience developing advanced radio systems.
Starting date for this role would be April - May.
WHO ARE WE
Morse Micro is a fabless semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to work hard, innovate + invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. Today we are a team of twenty-two based in Sydney + Picton (Australia) and Boston (USA). Over the next two years we will be growing significantly and opening more overseas offices. We can sponsor a work visa for the right candidate.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Wireless systems scientist with 10+ years relevant industry experience
- Experience taking wireless chips to mass production
- MSc or PhD in Electrical / Electronics / Communication Engineering
- A deep understanding of wireless systems (OFDM, channel equalization, digital filters, calibration of direct conversion radios, etc)
- Expert in Matlab
- A good understanding of programming languages such as C and Python
- Working knowledge, or ability to learn, revision control systems such as git
- Familiarity with a GNU/Linux development environment
- Familiarity with the IEEE 802.11 standard
- Familiarity with digital design languages such as VHDL, Verilog and SystemVerilog
- Familiarity with IC design flows from Cadence or Synopsys
- Experience with bringing up complex mixed-signal chips in a lab environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A hands-on, practical attitude
- Complete system design
- Design of algorithms to compensate for and calibrate analog and RF imperfections
- Collaboration on the definition of requirements from radio and signal processor circuits
- Support of chip bring up on bench
- Support of chip qualification and product engineering
- De-bug of chip functional and performance problems
- Optimisation of DSP datapaths
- Validation of simulation results against systems design
- Validation of bench measurements against systems design
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Lots of snacks + drinks, incl barista coffee + some of the world’s best beers
- Work besides and learn from some of the world’s most experienced engineers
- Flexible office location, rural NSW (Picton) or city (Sydney city center)
- Potential to sponsor a work visa for the right candidate
WHAT WE OFFER
If you are interested in building the first 802.11ah chipset together with the inventors of Wi-Fi, then send us your resume and application letter to email@example.com and tell us why you should become Morse Micro's Wireless Systems Designer.