VP OF OPERATIONS
JOIN MORSE MICRO
Are you an expert in semiconductor operations? Would you like to launch the next generation Wi-Fi chips that will enable a new generation of Internet of Things (IoT) devices? Then join Australia’s hottest semiconductor startup. You’ll work with the team that invented Wi-Fi 20 years ago, and help them shape the future of Wi-Fi for IoT.
You will be responsible for building the team that will take Morse Micro’s chips to mass production. Reporting directly to the founders you will have ownership of the entire chip operations side of the business. This includes recruiting, developing internal capabilities, sourcing external contactors and interfacing with suppliers.
We’re looking for an experienced VP of Operations to start in April - May. We can assist with relocation and can sponsor a work visa for the right candidate.
WHO ARE WE
Morse Micro is a fabless semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to work hard, innovate & invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. Today we are a team of twenty-two based in Sydney & Picton (Australia) and Boston (USA). Over the next two years we will be growing significantly and opening more overseas offices. We can sponsor a work visa for the right candidate.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Semiconductor operator with 15+ years relevant industry experience
- Experience leading operations teams
- Proven experience taking chips to mass production
- MSc or PhD in Electrical / Electronics / Communication Engineering
- An understanding of wireless systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to resolve complex problems
- Skilled in motivating people
- Practical attitude
- Deep understanding of semiconductor fabrication process; tape-out, mask making, assembly, QA
- Import / Export Compliance
- Process Engineering
- Test Engineering
- Product Engineering
- Package Engineering
- Interfacing with Foundries
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Lots of snacks + drinks, incl barista coffee + some of the world’s best beers
- Work besides and learn from some of the world’s most experienced engineers
- Flexible office location (Sydney CBD or Rural NSW) for the right candidate
- Potential to sponsor a work visa for the right candidate
RESPONSIBILITIESYou will be responsible for all aspects of Engineering Operations, including:
WHAT WE OFFER
If you are interested in building the first 802.11ah chipset together with the inventors of Wi-Fi, then send us your resume and application letter to email@example.com and tell us why you should become Morse Micro's VP of Operations.